I wanted to learn more about the Function Keys F1-F12

Posted by Digee , 09/05/2008, 07:36:42 Reply   Forum

Hi,

I really like the new abilities that Fitaly 5 has over past editions. The only problem I notice on my Toshiba e405 is the keyboard is not as clear as the 3.0 version. It is clear enough, but not refined like the old keyboard. I am impressed with the ability to slide for bold, copy, select all, italics, new, etc. That really is a feature I am training myself to use.

I still do not understand what the F1-F12 keys do on the Pocket PC. Is there a way to program the function keys? I know Windows XP often gives functions to these keys on certain keyboards, but I really don't use the keys too much. How can I use the F keys on the Pocket PC? I looked for more information on the site, but could only find basic information. The F6 command was very useful because I now can slide up on my ENTER key to search or save a file. If someone can tell me how to do useful things with these slides, I would appreciate it. I use PocketWord and Excel a lot--so any slide that saves time is important to learn.

The post about changing font colors is impressive. Is this easy to program as a slide? I like to use Navy Blue and Red when I type notes a lot and this idea would save time. I also want to know if there is an easy way to make a slide for the following functions:

Center, left, and right justification
Undo (Control Z works, but if one uses an automatic word or phrase, it only removes one letter at a time)
Redo
Spell Check
Automatically change cell colors in Excel
Automatically make text navy blue and bold

The macro functions in Fitaly are really great. The time and date slides save me a lot of time when I use PocketExcel. Thank you Fitaly and I hope some of my questions can be answered.

Thank you,

James

James Garritson

Edit | Reply | View All | |   | Current page | Author
Followups